Results 1 to 1 of 1
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
Execute my own Kernel Call in Minix
i have already successfully added a system call to minix 3 but i don't
know how to call it in order to execute it.
What i have done so far is :
1) added to /usr/src/kernel/system.c :
2) added to /usr/src/kernel/system.h :
_PROTOTYPE( int do_mycall, (message *m_ptr) );
3) added the do_mycall.c implementation file inside /usr/src/kernel/
4) added to Makefile inside /usr/src/kernel/system :
$(SYSTEM)(do_mycall.o) \ (after the corresponding lines)
5) added to /usr/src/include/minix/com.h
#define SYS_MYCALL (KERNEL_CALL) + 31
#define NR_SYS_CALLS 32 ( instead of 31 which was the previous
6) then i did :
All until here is correct! After reboot how can i execute my kernel call in order to see the results?