Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed slackware12.1 on vmware with win xp desktop. I compiled new kernel for vmware device drivers, after compiling the kernel not able to ping other ip, it could ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

new kernel 2.6.25.4 compiling on slackware

I have installed slackware12.1 on vmware with win xp desktop. I compiled new kernel for vmware device drivers, after compiling the kernel not able to ping other ip, it could ping with localhost. please help me, i am trying this for 2 weeks, while giving lsmod command there is no modules list

Thanks
    Geetha

Well I don't have vmware under a XP host, rather under Linux, you only have to run the vmconfigure.pl script which will generate new network connections. I assume your got the same type of setup script, go give it a go. You maybe better approaching the vmware forum rather than this forum to get a answer to your problem.

i have installed slackware12.1 on vmware.. its slackware based problem only.. the thing is i have compiled the kernel-2.6.24.5 for vmware device drivers with lspci command lists. after compiling the kernel i couldnt ping other ip. Please can you guide the steps to compiling the new kernel and how to add the modules already existing kernel, after compiling the kernel there is no modules list on lsmod.. what could be the problem?

Thanks
    Geetha