Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, When I was trying to customize new kernel I faced problem when I type this command in source tree root@marwa-desktop:/usr/src/linux-2.6.24.4# make menuconfig The result is: Makefile:296: /usr/src/linux-2.6.24.4/scripts/Kbuild.include: No such ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error in make

Hello, When I was trying to customize new kernel I faced problem when I type this command in source tree
    root@marwa-desktop:/usr/src/linux-2.6.24.4# make menuconfig
    The result is:
    Makefile:296: /usr/src/linux-2.6.24.4/scripts/Kbuild.include: No such file or directory
    make: Warning: File `/usr/src/linux-2.6.24.4/arch/x86/Makefile_64' has modification time 1.5e+08 s in the future
    make: *** empty variable name. Stop.
    make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
    How can I slove this problem

Just Joined!

Solution

No body reply me, anywhere I discovered that my system date is Sat Jul 26 18:35:24 EAT 2003 which is in the past, so when i was trying to tar the kernel source the result is no such file or directory that may find in the future, for that reason I change system date to the current date and every thing is run well

Just Joined!

Main resean

Sorry my previous replay may be not correct, the correct is menuconfig is not install and when installing it every thing become well

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close