Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I would like to take this time to introduce myself and ask a question about two kernels I hope to develop. This is the first time I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile two kernels I hope to develop

Hi all
    I would like to take this time to introduce myself and ask a question about two kernels I hope to develop.
    This is the first time I have tried to create my own kernel and my only experience with them is compiling so I do think that some help is required.
    I will able my Kernels by first kernel and second kernel.

Just Joined!
    My first kernel is for my business computer and needs to be very secure so I think I will maintain the current Linux kernel but add components to it from source to secure and harden it.
    So for the first kernel what components would be perfect to rely overhaul security?
    A little note that I am aware that the software you chews is often the most important in building a safe system but a secure kernel is also good.
    I would also like to know what the most hardened and most secure resent Linux or Unix kernels are?

Just Joined!
    My second kernel is an attempt to lighten the load so I know that developments such as ESX use very small kernels and I need small to develop from but I would like to at least have some basic softwares work on it so that when I feel the kernel is com pleat I can compile it and get to work using that kernel as the base for my new distribution.
    My skills in adding things to basic systems are good but subtracting from the kernel like the guy that worked on the ESX project seems like something I couldn't do at this time.
    So I was wondering what the smallest current Linux or Unix kernel is

Just Joined!

Question

Any idea?

I could use some help.

Just Joined!
    PLEASE, choose your words correctly. I *HIGHLY* doubt you're developing not just one but TWO kernels!
    Kernels take literally ages to develop. I suspect you are just configuring and compiling the linux kernel, am I right?