Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am beginner to linux. I have purchased a Fedora9 Cd and installed. When i tried to create a module programs..i could not find the kernel.h and module.h containing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs up Linux module programming.

Hi,
    I am beginner to linux. I have purchased a Fedora9 Cd and installed. When i tried to create a module programs..i could not find the kernel.h and module.h containing the necessary interfaces, like printk, module_init(), etc.,

What shall be done? Should i get a new linux kernel and compile..

Since i am a beginner, it would be of great help, if explained eloborately.

if you have an internet connection you can just download and install the kernel headers for the kernel you are currently using with yum

If this is just to be a test machine to build and develop kernel modules, I would recommend building your own kernel from source, that way you are sure you have everything you need.

Smile

Yes Fedora Doesn't come with linux kernel (For my fedora 7 i downloaded & installed kernel source)

So check this link
    The Linux Kernel Archives

and click on "F" from this part ... UTC F V VI C Changelog

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ng-kernel.html

All the best
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    Thanks for the inputs. I have downloaded the rpms from the rpm.com and i tried to install as shown in the Personal Fedora 9 Installation Guide
    and tried installing the source and header. It shows me Error.I am installing on a 64bit laptop, containing Fedora - 9 linux. Your inputs would be of great help.