Find the answer to your Linux question:
Could you please tell me, What does the "size" parameter in the output of lsmod command indicate? Are you sure about it? Thanks in advance!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

if you know lsmod...

Could you please tell me, What does the "size" parameter in the output of lsmod command indicate?

Are you sure about it?

Thanks in advance!

Linux Guru
    As far as I know, it's the in-ram size of the module. The amount of space that the module image takes when it's loaded in ram.

lsmod just formats the contents of /proc/modules in a nice tabular format and displays it. The man page for proc doesn't tell any useful info about that file either, so I guess that to be 100% sure you would need to look at the proc related code in the kernel source tree.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    As far as I know, it's the in-ram size of the module. The amount of space that the module image takes when it's loaded in ram.

lsmod just formats the contents of /proc/modules in a nice tabular format and displays it. The man page for proc doesn't tell any useful info about that file either, so I guess that to be 100% sure you would need to look at the proc related code in the kernel source tree.
    Thanks! I think, I'll do that.

"sudo modinfo modulename" may provide more information for you too.