Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, Does everyone know how to get the difference of kernel config option among different kernel version? Actually, I'm building a package in the Linux platform. According to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

the difference of kernel config option among different kernel version?

Dear All,

Does everyone know how to get the difference of kernel config option among different kernel version?

Actually, I'm building a package in the Linux platform. According to the package's README, the following kernel options must be enabled (Y) and then rebuild the kernel before loading the package.

*Networking option:
    + Kernel/User Netlink Socket
    + Routing Message
    + IPv6: disable provider based address (NEW)

The Linux source I studied is 2.6.14. However, I cannot find such options. How to I make sure the status of those options in the current kernel?

Best Regards,
    Rike_Lin.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rike_lin View Post
    Dear All,

Does everyone know how to get the difference of kernel config option among different kernel version?

Actually, I'm building a package in the Linux platform. According to the package's README, the following kernel options must be enabled (Y) and then rebuild the kernel before loading the package.

*Networking option:
    + Kernel/User Netlink Socket
    + Routing Message
    + IPv6: disable provider based address (NEW)

The Linux source I studied is 2.6.14. However, I cannot find such options. How to I make sure the status of those options in the current kernel?

Best Regards,
    Rike_Lin.

Dear All,

In order to indentify this problem, I download the kernel from the version 2.2.x, 2.4.x, to 2.6.x. Using the methods you mentioned to check when the above options are removed and then compare their codes. So, now, it is helpful for me to undetstand the kernel changes. Although this is not a good idea, it works.

Best Regards,
    Riker_Lin.

Linux Guru
    Once you are in menuconfig, you can press / and you will see a dialog where you can write some text to search for. That can be handy when searching for stuff.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close