Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters,

I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task.
    Also what are the other things that you must know when you try daemon programming? Can any one help me?

Just Joined!
    Hello,

Simply fire an command from root# "nysysv" and check the boxes of the particular services which you desire to start automatically when system reboots.

Sorry I'm ot into programming...

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the quick dual reply....I tried to run the command as you told me to do.But the reply was "command not found". I am using fedora 8 in a kernel 2.6.23.

Just Joined!
    Oh! Sorry I thought you'r using RedHat. Nevermind. Fire the command "chkconfig --list" first to check onto which runlevel services are on. For ex:
    bluetooth 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off

If your system boots up in cmd line interface; and if you wish to start the services in when system boots up, fire the cmd "chkconfig bluetooth on". This is how it looks,

bluetooth 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

Just Joined!
    Thank you jaijai....I tried chkconfig and it works well.........Thank you very much.........

Just Joined!
    If you have any further problems or queries, kindly let me know and we shall be glad to help.

Just Joined!
    Thank you jaijai.......if I get into trouble again I will surely let you know.