Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was using 2.6.27-arch , the previous one, everything was fine, i updated with pacman , the new kernel, while it is booting it comes to a stage where it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

kernel error

I was using 2.6.27-arch , the previous one, everything was fine, i updated with pacman , the new kernel,
    while it is booting it comes to a stage where it probes PCI ...... things like that and just hangs on. no further going than that, so i had to downgrade again to 2.6.27 which works perfectly fine.

labtop: toshiba satellite 1135
    processor: intel celeron.

it just hangs in middle , so i can;t show you guys output, what could be the reason? any clues, i tired adding

clocksource=hpet

as well as clocksource=acpi_pm ... but nothing,

kernel hangs when it gets to that point.

Just Joined!
    Did you verify from intel docs if celeron has a HPET? It should if it is a recent one (a few years!). Or even ACPI support?

Just Joined!

kernel error

Hi,

I think there are new services has been running whose h/w is not there.
    stop the service which you are getting stop.

thanks
    umesh

Just Joined!
    Sorry, did not read the part where you say that things were working for an older kernel.
    So, it cannot be an hardware issue. You can always get the previous logs from /var/log/* when you boot into a working kernel.

Just Joined!

kernel error

hi,

I mean when you install it will start some more services... when booting the linux if that service is on, it will check for the device for that. Due to that you system is not going forward.