Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i'm a Linux kernel programming newbie. However I'm involved in a project, in which I have to develop a new scheduling class for a new scheduling policy. This scheduling ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hrtimer

Hi, i'm a Linux kernel programming newbie.
    However I'm involved in a project, in which I have to develop a new scheduling class for a new scheduling policy. This scheduling policy is based on a timer. So, I've implemented a timer mechanism that periodic fire a timer. However, I need to invoke the schedule() function within of the handler function of the timer. Can anybody help me, how can I invoke the schedule() function? I did that but I got some problems, namely the system crash.
    I' using the Linux kernel version 2.6.24 and Ubuntu distro.

Regards
    pbsousa

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I take it that schedule() is your function? Also, which system timer function are you using, setitimer(), or sys_timer_create() to set your timer?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    hi Rubberman, many thanks but Ive already solved the problem. However I'm using hrtimers and I don't need to invoke schedule() function because after an interrupt this function is automatically invoked.

Just Joined!
    Have you solved this yet? I can pnly get HRTIMER_NORESTART calls
    working so far.

There must be some way of re-triggering the timer, but all my efforts have met with a system crash so far

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by robin48gx View Post
    Have you solved this yet? I can pnly get HRTIMER_NORESTART calls
    working so far.

There must be some way of re-triggering the timer, but all my efforts have met with a system crash so far
    Welcome to the forums, robin!

This thread is 20 months old and you have started your own thread regarding this matter so I'm going to lock this one to prevent any confusion for anyone that tries to help you with this. We usually lock any revived threads that are older than 6 to 12 months anyway. Hope you find the solution soon.
    oz