Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
I dropped a mail in ext3-user list ..but no response from them. How to build a new root file system?: msg#00004 ext3-users...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation

I dropped a mail in ext3-user list ..but no response from them.
    How to build a new root file system?: msg#00004 ext3-users
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Hi Bro,
    At last I finished the chapter 5 and now I am doing the chapter 6 of LFS. Why there is no separate sub-section for LFS here like they have in linuxquestions.org? In my opinion, LFS is a worthy topic to have a separate sub-section and the beginners like me will benefit from it. It is just a thought, no offense meant.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NewinLinux View Post
    Hi Bro,
    At last I finished the chapter 5 and now I am doing the chapter 6 of LFS.
    glad to hear that. Just today I got few replies for the same question
    Re:How to create a new root file system? - Linux Forums

Seems like busybox will help to install more easily,but clearly with LFS you will learn a lot.

Even I hope to catch up with you,in LFS. I'm looking for holidays to work on LFS ..
    As I mention in other thread , LFS will help to build your own distro and appliances..that will be real fun and challenging task

Why there is no separate sub-section for LFS here like they have in linuxquestions.org? In my opinion, LFS is a worthy topic to have a separate sub-section and the beginners like me will benefit from it. It is just a thought, no offense meant.
    Yes,I think that's a good suggestion,If more people started posting question about LFS..then we should have separate section for LFS too.

All the best
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Hi Bro,
    Finally I completed LFS and booted into the new system ! I thank you for all the help you provieded. But the story does not end here. Earlier I was not aware of the actual size of the Linux system which was expected from me. Now I came to know that for embedded systems, we need about 16 to 20 MB system. Do you have any suggested readings?

Smile

Finally I completed LFS and booted into the new system !
    Hey Congrats !! That's really a great achievement for your hard work and persistence
    I hope In future,I can get your help in while I create my LFS

Earlier I was not aware of the actual size of the Linux system which was expected from me. Now I came to know that for embedded systems, we need about 16 to 20 MB system. Do you have any suggested readings?

What's your current disk size?How much your LFS occupies now?

below link might help you,they mention's its embedded,but i'm not sure:
    Cross-Compiled Linux From Scratch - Embedded
    -----

Just Joined!
    My kernel size is 3.4 MB and the size of the total LFS filesystem is about 600 MB.
    I have enough free space in the computer(about 60 GB). But I have to develop a system whose total size should be about 16 MB and not 600 MB

The following thread helped me a lot in the last stages of doing LFS :
    LFS- Adjusting the Toolchain problem - LinuxQuestions.org

Now it seems that this thread will die out because the goal of booting a custom kernel in a new root file system has been achieved thanks to you.
    But you can always talk to me here : wansu2004@gmail.com
    What is your id?

Now I am working to make the Linux system small and I know that I will face problems there also. Soon I will come up with a new thread in this forums.

Smile

But you can always talk to me here : wansu2004@gmail.com
    What is your id?
    Mine is : Lakshmipathi.G@gmail.com

Soon I will come up with a new thread in this forums.
    Welcome
    -----

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5