Find the answer to your Linux question:
When i am tying to compile the kernel or modules i am getting the error message: taht ther is No rule to make target `arch/x86 kernel asm-offsets.c' i allready tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED]Kernel won't compile modules

When i am tying to compile the kernel or modules i am getting the error message:

taht ther is No rule to make target `arch/x86 kernel asm-offsets.c'

i allready tried to google for that problem but it turns out that these guys either claim it to a known kernel bug or say some packages are missing, I installed these packages.

This kernel version is marked as stable so there should not be a bug with installing it. How ever i would be really thankful if some of u guys or girls could come up with an idea which might solve this compiling problem. I need to do this in order to install my cmipci drivers for the sound card.

Thanks

Matt

Just Joined!

Re

Sry had to remove the original screen print it won't let me post urls or dir(in this case). Because it's my first post in this forum

hope this helps anyway to give a rough idea about the problem

Just Joined!
    make sure u r using correct make depending on kernel version .i.e make for 2.4 and 2.6 are different .
    also see whaere is the location of ur module .and hence make necessary changes in make file.