Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, I am working in linux kernel v2.6.26. Is there any document or reference files that contain explanation for why each function in linux kernel mainly in fs is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile document for v2.6.26

hi all,
    I am working in linux kernel v2.6.26. Is there any document or reference files that contain explanation for why each function in linux kernel mainly in fs is used???????????????????????????????????

please do reply

oz
    forum.guy
    Not sure this is what you are looking for but you can find some kernel documentation here:

Linux Kernel Documentation
    oz

Just Joined!

Smile

In the below link the struct ext2_inode_info has i_data
    lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.26/fs/ext2/ext2.h

i_data contains the physical block number
    whenever the rm file is performed the info of block number in super block & bmap
    should not be updated. To stop this process which function should be called.
    The below link contains the list of .c files

lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.26/fs/

each .c file contains the functions and the explanations.But I need few more explanations for this. Mainly for the above process

Reply plz

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sannan View Post
    In the below link the struct ext2_inode_info has i_data
    lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.26/fs/ext2/ext2.h

i_data contains the physical block number
    whenever the rm file is performed the info of block number in super block & bmap
    should not be updated.
    Seems like you are dealing with ext2 file system.Why you want to prevent the update of super block and bitmap ? Incorrect superblock,bitmap will result in corrupting the system,and during next reboot fsck will be performed and all these files will be placed into lost+found directory.

Regarding location of function , Please check source code of unlink() system call or read though the source code rm command.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org