Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two netfilter kernel modules (xt_RQS.c, xt_RQD.c) both include the same header file with a data structure in it. Does both kernel modules use the same data structures or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux kernel scope access question

I have two netfilter kernel modules (xt_RQS.c, xt_RQD.c) both include the same header file with a data structure in it.

Does both kernel modules use the same data structures or do they use separate ones (in normal C programming I know that but I'm not sure about the kernel scopes).

If I want to use one data structure how can I do that (export? - concurrency issues left aside)?

Greetings and thanks
    jb

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    A structure declaration is just a definition, not an implementation. It is possible for multiple kernel modules to share the implementation of a structure (kernel global memory). If you implement a structure in your module, normally it is only local to your module. In any case, look at the documentation available for kernel module development in:

The Linux Documentation Project
    The Linux Kernel Archives
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!