Find the answer to your Linux question:
i wanted to know the functionality of read_write.c and the system call vfs_write. are these used when we do a paste or ctrl-v or something like that. i want details ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

what is functionality of read_write.c

i wanted to know the functionality of read_write.c and the system call vfs_write.

are these used when we do a paste or ctrl-v or something like that.

i want details about the read_write.c and where it is present in the kernel.
    please help
    thanks in advance

Just Joined!

Read_write.c

Hi,

read_write.c is present in /usr/src/linu.x.x/fs/ directory.
    this file consist of code related to virtual file system,
    vfs_write() function call will be called whenever you updated some information in the file , and vfs_read() function will be called whenever you read the contents of the file.

Regards
    BHANUPRAKASH

Just Joined!
    i am using ubuntu... i didn't find the read_write.c file in the specified location in my system.

i have dowwnloaded the source code of linux kernel in that i could find the function?
    i don't understand why it is not present.

when i make paste using ctrl-v or right-click and then paste then this vfs_write will be called right. i can't understand the code...... can u suggest any books or links which help me understand the kernel code.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    find the file in the source directory using find command and whenever u press ctrl+v or paste the file will be modified .so whenever u modify the file vfs_write will be called.
    for more information u can search google ...............