Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am a Master's student. I am a newbie to LInux. I am interested in doing a term project based on C kernel programming .I need help in coming ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

project in C kernel programming

Hi,
    I am a Master's student. I am a newbie to LInux. I am interested in doing a term project based on C kernel programming .I need help in coming up with an application in which I could use C kernel programming.

Regards to all

Just Joined!

posting three threads

Hi,
    I posted three identical threads because I do not have sufficient information on my project to categorize it. I need help in developing the project based on C kernel programming which can be utilized towards an application.

Regards,
    Saba

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by sabagour03 View Post
    Hi,
    I posted three identical threads because I do not have sufficient information on my project to categorize it. I need help in developing the project based on C kernel programming which can be utilized towards an application.

Regards,
    Saba
    Welcome to the forums!

Duplicate threads are always deleted because it's against the forums rules to post them:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ums-rules.html

You are welcome to continue any discussion about your topic in this thread.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hi,
    You can start developing linux shell of your own

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Since work on a Master's thesis project should be new and original, you might want to consider these topics:

1. Distributed message passing.
    2. Distributed memory architectures.
    3. System and network monitoring.
    4. Multi-core load balancing.
    5. Process schedulers.

The list goes on, but these are all areas that still need attention by the "boffinry".
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

C kernel programming...What's your are of interest in kernel ? Is it file system or
    process or memory ? First pick the area where you think - you are strong and interested.And then check sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net for existing projects in that area.Go through them and you will find some project lacks something or you want to change its functionality and then program it.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org