Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have completed the process of kernel compiling, reboot the system and when I select de new kernel at grub's menu screen something goes wonrg. The kernel never starts ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kernel - ERROR while compile

Hi, I have completed the process of kernel compiling, reboot the system and when I select de new kernel at grub's menu screen something goes wonrg. The kernel never starts and I get this error (look at the screenshot in attachment).
    I wrote a .txt file with all the command line instructions that I used to compile the kernel from source. Hope you can help me.
    Thanks a lot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Linux User
    cd /boot/
    mkinitramfs��o�initrd.img�2.6.33�2.6.33

#Update the boot loader and reboot the system
    update-grub
    You don't need to do the above steps. make install automatically updates grub menu.

Try edit grub's menu at boot and add root=/dev/sda1 as boot option. Not sure you'll get a running kernel. If so, just run make install again.
    0 + 1 = 1 != 2 <> 3 != 4 ...
    Until the camel can pass though the eye of the needle.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your help nmset!
    I made this compilation process on a virtual machine (with both vmware & virtualbox). Later I did the exact steps in a real machine. I tested two stable kernels (2.6.32.8 & latest 2.6.33.2). With the first one everything went perfect. But with the second one the compilation was unsuccessful. I got an "error 15: file not found". I supposed that this is some versionīs error because the compilation process is correct. Thanks a lot for your help!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close