Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know what this kernel module does? All I know is I have to remove it or else my USB mouse will not work....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

whats the use of usbmouse (kernel module) ?

Does anyone know what this kernel module does? All I know is I have to remove it or else my USB mouse will not work.
    --monkey

do you get a gpm error if you compile it with usb mouse as a module? i get an error on bootup that says something to the effect of gpm getting an error. i compiled the kernel plainly with nothing delsected and it did that and my sound quit working as well.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux User
    I'm not getting any errors. (Don't know how to get it to work with gpm though, so thats why gpm at least isn't giving an error)

I'm using slackware 10 stable kernel that it comes with.

I'm not sure why, but maybe it conflicts with a different usb driver that Xorg uses. (Since my mouse does not work in X, unless I rmmod the module)

I have not tested with gpm, it is currently set up to use my ps/2 mouse. I'm not sure where gpm is started, so I havne't tried to change it to usb, so I haven't tested it with gpm yet.
    --monkey

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    my problems started with a compile to the kernel. i used in install the kernel bare.i and i should have tried to figure out its configuration first before compiling because the kernel seems to have everything selected at first. live and learn i guess.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557