Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to develop multiple desktops in Red hat with each desktop having custom features like one only for gaming,other for programming, etc. My idea is that in this case, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

multiple custom desktops

I want to develop multiple desktops in Red hat with each desktop having custom features like one only for gaming,other for programming, etc. My idea is that in this case, if the system hangs, only the desktop that causes error should be affected so that other applications are not disturbed. Please help...

Just Joined!
    Look into using virtual machines to separate each desktop, that's my knee-jerk reaction.

Also look at how Google Chrome separates each browser tab into its own process which enables one tab to crash while the program stays up and running. Silly, I know, but a good basic description can be found in the Chrome comic book: www [dot] google [dot] com/googlebooks/chrome/small_04 [dot] html (sorry if that's below your level, I am not sure where you're at) (( also sorry for the [dot] notation, it's stupid that you have to post 15 times on this forum to post links))

Good luck!