Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I am a newbie in Linux Kernel. Currently, I have to develop a device controller compliant USB 3.0 using Gadget. I have following queries regarding the same: a) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New Chip Support In Gadget

Hi All,

I am a newbie in Linux Kernel. Currently, I have to develop a device controller compliant USB 3.0 using Gadget. I have following queries regarding the same:

a) Is there any documentation available regarding adding new chip in existing gadget?

b) Does any version of kernel support gadgets for USB3.0 device controllers. If yes, which version?

c) Is there any documentation available for adding support in existing Gadget for device controller compliant USB3.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Meetu

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Linux was reportedly the first OS to offer up support for USB 3.0, and if I remember correctly that support came first in the 2.6.31 version of the kernel. I don't know anything about gadget, and I can't direct you to any documentation about it but feel certain it's out there. Maybe someone else knows where it is and will post some links for you. Otherwise, you might be able to locate some of it with some serious googling.
    oz