Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new guy working on device driver.So could you please help me how to cross compile the driver programs on S3C2440 FriendlyARM9 board(It's urgent for me).....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cross Compiltaion on S3C2440 board

I'm new guy working on device driver.So could you please help me how to cross compile the driver programs on S3C2440 FriendlyARM9 board(It's urgent for me)..

Linux Newbie
    I personally cannot help you much, but a quick Google search brought this up as the third entry: Installation Manual for S3C2440 (Linux).
    I hope this is useful

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    The documentation describes a 2.4 kernel. I would expect that they currently have support for a 2.6 kernel as well. Go to the Samsung web site and do some searching. Most ARM9 systems are able to run 2.6 kernels, such as Debian Etch, without problems. I have an ARM9 development board for embedded systems that has 2.6 kernel support.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

S3C2440 FrirndlyARM9 Board

Actually I am new for this board and even for a device driver, so I couldn't how to configure & compile it.

Thanks for giving a link and everything is there.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by karmahe View Post
    Actually I am new for this board and even for a device driver, so I couldn't how to configure & compile it.

Thanks for giving a link and everything is there.
    Ok. Post your question, and as much detail about your board, operating system, etc. that you can to The Linux Kernel forum. That way, you get credit for the posting, and more likely to get help. The Coffee Lounge forum is for off-topic discussions, like what you had for breakfast...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    thread moved to kernel forum...
    oz