Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello i m very new user of Linux. i want to Customize my Linux in such a way that it when i start it. 1. It must support Live bootable ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Kernel Compile How To... Pls Help ???

Hello

i m very new user of Linux. i want to Customize my Linux in such a way that it when i start it.
    1. It must support Live bootable CD.
    2. It Just contain one program(Apache Server) that should be already installed in it
    3. I dont even need any GUI mood just shell will be enogh for me.

How i can compile these requirements ???

Pls guide
    mkhurram92

Quote Originally Posted by mkhurram92 View Post
    Hello

i m very new user of Linux. i want to Customize my Linux in such a way that it when i start it.
    1. It must support Live bootable CD.
    If you're booting from a CD, the kernel that gets run is the one on the CD, not the one you build on the hard drive. Live CDs are booted by the BIOS.
    2. It Just contain one program(Apache Server) that should be already installed in it
    3. I dont even need any GUI mood just shell will be enogh for me.
    Those requirements aren't really anything to do with the kernel. If you don't want a GUI, don't install one. X - the graphical side of Linux - is a completely separate package and you don't need to have it installed.

To have a single program run automatically, you need to customise the startup scripts under /etc.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Just Joined!
    So do u mean my requirements just require Customization of Ubuntu and not Kernel Compilation ???