Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to put tc - traffic control to work on a router I am developing. IMQ is used for ingress traffic, I am using openwrt libraries for that, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

IMQ not working

I am trying to put tc - traffic control to work on a router I am developing.

IMQ is used for ingress traffic, I am using openwrt libraries for that, libraries are all fine. Problem is with my kernel.

As the openwrt script run this line -
    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j IMQ --todev 0
    All the outgoing and incoming traffic blocks, Openwrt provides some patches
    But problem is this patches are applied on 2.6.28 and my kernel(2.6.2 doesn't have even this files. I tried to find out file "net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_IMQ.c" in many kernels including 2.6.30 but it was not found.

Strange part is it is there in - 2.6.25.20 and linux-2.4.37.5. But I want to make it work with 2.6.28.

If anybody has patch solution or any other better solution, please do post.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by sahilmakkar1983 View Post
    i am trying to put tc - traffic control to work on a router i am developing.

Imq is used for ingress traffic, i am using openwrt libraries for that, libraries are all fine. Problem is with my kernel.

As the openwrt script run this line -
    iptables -t mangle -a prerouting -i eth0 -j imq --todev 0
    all the outgoing and incoming traffic blocks, openwrt provides some patches
    but problem is this patches are applied on 2.6.28 and my kernel(2.6.2 doesn't have even this files. I tried to find out file "net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_imq.c" in many kernels including 2.6.30 but it was not found.

Strange part is it is there in - 2.6.25.20 and linux-2.4.37.5. But i want to make it work with 2.6.28.

If anybody has patch solution or any other better solution, please do post.
    any answers to my question ??