Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can someone help me with simple example of network driver modules that send and receive Ethernet packet on same network interface...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ethernet network driver module

Can someone help me with simple example of network driver modules that send and receive Ethernet packet on same network interface

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Have you tried the obvious - examine existing kernel drivers?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Have you tried the obvious - examine existing kernel drivers?

Yes, I look to different driver example (snull, loopback,..) but I am trying to write the network driver that transmit packets through netlink socket`s. I don't have any experience on Linux drive I just need sample example so I can build my according to it

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by aisha View Post
    Yes, I look to different driver example (snull, loopback,..) but I am trying to write the network driver that transmit packets through netlink socket`s. I don't have any experience on Linux drive I just need sample example so I can build my according to it
    I'm talking about existing network drivers. There is root network code that all network device drivers use. You REALLY need to get familiar with all that. Download the source for your kernel, install it, and start looking at that. In the kernel tree, there is a top-level directory "net" that has all this cruft. This is not simple stuff, but you should be able to figure it out with some effort. The netlink driver is there also in net/netlink.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!