Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello there I am a newbie for serial communication in Linux I am using a driver for a multiport serial card - PCI based in my PC.I am able to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Minicom offline but Uart registers working

hello there I am a newbie for serial communication in Linux

I am using a driver for a multiport serial card - PCI based in my PC.I am able to do a #insmod and also I am able to access the internal registers
    like SPR( Scratch pad register),ISR( Interrupt service register ),LSR(Line status register ) etc ..Performing read/write operations using the driver
    give desired results as per the spec - XR16L784,but when I try to open minicom for a simple loopback test the minicom is offline
    following is the op on my terminal

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE ATTACHED TEXT FILE FOR THE COMMAND OUTPUTS SINCE I AM NOT ABLE TO POST THIS

Trusted Penguin
    Are you asking how to tell minicom to use a specific device/port? If so, then in minicom:

1. Press Ctrl+A to open the configuration menu

2. Arrow down to Serial port setup and press Enter

3. In the Change which setting? window, press A to move the cursor to the Serial Device entry

4. Backspace to delete the existing device and enter your desired device

5. Press Enter when done

You can optionally save it as the default device, or you can save it to a separate config file (it will be /etc/minirc.YOUR-NAME).

hth