Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, I'm planning to remaster the DBAN-Wipe-System. I want to mount a USB-Device to copy the log-files to USB. The other plan is to automatically hotplug-wipe disks. What means: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DBAN-Development

Hi there,

I'm planning to remaster the DBAN-Wipe-System. I want to mount a USB-Device to copy the log-files to USB. The other plan is to automatically hotplug-wipe disks.

What means:

Thus, your problem is that recent DBAN kernels do not recognize partitions and they do not add hotplug /dev nodes after the userland is started. Notice how mdev or udev is used to populate /dev.

You need to enable partition support in the kernel config, and cut-and-paste a complete udev configuration
    Has someone got any hints or Ideas?

Just Joined!
    Perhaps, the information that I have given are not detailed enough.

DBAN is a system which boots from CD and wipes disks by various algorithms.

DBAN 2.2.6 uses the buildroot buildsystem, the busybox and uclibc-libraries.

At the moment, DBAN 2.2.6 is not able to copy the documentation-files, which are in a virtual filesystem in /var/log to a USB-Drive.

The USB-Drive cannot be mounted because the Kernel is not configured to do that.

What do I need to automatically mount hotplug-usb-devices, how can mdev be used, where and how is it configured?