Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am currently working on a project in which I have to add my own system that does the same thing as gettimeofday() but ignores the timezone parameter and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 7.0 (kernel 2.2.14) - Issues with adding a System Call stub

Hello,

I am currently working on a project in which I have to add my own system that does the same thing as gettimeofday() but ignores the timezone parameter and takes a flag parameter to determine whether output should be sent to the console. My issue is that I do not know how to make the stub (i.e. _syscalln(parameters)) work. I have googled around and cannot find enough information to know where to put this macro definition.

I have the syscall table entry and the NR definition correct as I can call the method using the syscall(191, flag, &tv) system call.

Is there anyone that can direct me to the right spot to get the stub working?

Thanks.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Why this antique distribution? The 2.2 kernel has been out of date for well over 10 years. It is unlikely that you will find much on the net about this ancient kernel. It would be better to get a more current distribution, running a 2.6 kernel, which you can find plenty of documentation for on the net.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Yeah, I would much rather do that; however, this is for an assignment and I was given a VM and environment to work with specifically.

I am having lots of trouble with the archaic setup.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, do you have the rest of the source code for this kernel? If so, look at some of the other system calls to see how they do it.

Also, complain to your professor that what you will learn here is not likely to be much help when you get a job working on modern kernels...