Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am an student attracted towards linux i have tried to learn what i could from shell to using basic command now i want to write my own linux system ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

to write my own linux system

i am an student attracted towards linux i have tried to learn what i could from shell to using basic command
    now i want to write my own linux system so pls tell me more about it what have to be done and what should i learn to be able to do that

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

You can learn the things that you will need to know by putting together a Linux From Scratch system:

Welcome to Linux From Scratch!
    oz

Just Joined!
    You need quite a bit of linux experience before attacking LFS IMHO. Better to install and configure a few technical based distro's before tackling a build from scratch - something like Crux or Arch and even a BSD or two, so as to see how things get put together.

Trusted Penguin
    You also might just be interested in rolling your own custom version of a distro that's already out there. A lot of work has been done to make this fairly easy. Here's just a couple of options:

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    You also might just be interested in rolling your own custom version of a distro that's already out there. A lot of work has been done to make this fairly easy. Here's just a couple of options:

Agree with that too, remastering a distro is quite common now but it does teach you what to include and what not to include in a respin. I've used Remastersys for Debian and Ubuntu respins but always wondered how you did this with Fedora based ones - thanks for that link

Remastersys went dead a while back for several weeks but the developer has been told not to give up so, he looks to have taken the word and is carrying on.

Banned
    You can start playing with this educational Operating System called xv6. It is a nix clone, thus you can understand all part of OS.
    Last edited by oz; 11-26-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spam removal