Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, my dvd-recorder doesn't work with new kernel version so i need to know what was changed after the 2.6.19 version of the linux kernel. Where i can found this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to find changelogs

Hello, my dvd-recorder doesn't work with new kernel version so i need to know what was changed after the 2.6.19 version of the linux kernel. Where i can found this information?

Thank you

This seems to be a good place to start. With a few other good links posted within. Good Luck.
    LinuxChanges - Linux Kernel Newbies
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Trusted Penguin
    You can query the RPM database, too, to get the changelog associate with a given RPM package. e.g.,

To query the changelog for the utility "ls", get the package name:

Code:
    rpm -qf /bin/ls
    Then query the database:

Code:
    rpm -qv --changelog coreutils

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I checked the link of LinuxChanges but i didn't found anything that can explain why my dvd recorder doesn't work. Can someone help me looking these links:
    kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_20
    kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_21
    (i need to write them like text and not like URLs because i still not have 15 posts)

In these links there must be the the problem because Puppy with kernel 2.6.19 works, Fedora 7 with kernel 2.6.21 doesn't work. Thank you.

@atreyu
    At the moment i don't have any distro installed. I just re-installed Vista and tried some of the newest distro released, but the dvd recorder still not work. When i'll install a distro i certainly try your tip. Thank you.

Trusted Penguin
    Fedora 7 is ancient...any reason you can't try a more recent version?

If you're tied to F7, check the output of dmesg for DVD error messages:

Code:
    dmesg|egrep -i 'cd-rom|dvd'
    The problem with it might be in the distro itself. How are you determining that it does not work?

Just Joined!
    i always try livecd before install. if the dvd recorder doesn't work with the livecd it doesn't work also installing the distro.

EVERY linux distro livecd i tried with a kernel newer than 2.6.18 doesn't start. Fedora returns "sleeping forever", ubuntu bring me to a command line and many other don't boot. They work fine if i boot them from usb.

In this thread we are off-topic, if you want to understand the problem and (i hope) try to help me, i suggest you to see this thread: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubu...etected-2.html
    Thank you

Trusted Penguin
    Okay, you're right, I didn't understand the problem. Will respond to other thread...