Find the answer to your Linux question:
how does client and server communicate with each other through IPC I want to know how the buffer send from the client reaches to the server through sendto function..and vice ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

IPC in AF_UNIX sockets

how does client and server communicate with each other through IPC
    I want to know how the buffer send from the client reaches to the server through sendto function..and vice versa .. How does a process know that t has to send the data to that particular process only. How IPC relates two processes??

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You want a lesson on basic TCP/IP socket programming and processes? This is not a 100 word discussion! There are a multitude of books and articles that will help you understand this stuff - try Google searches and start reading! I used to teach a 5 week class to AT&T technicians to help them understand exactly this sort of question about data networks with TCP/IP. If they need 5 weeks to get the basics, you expect a 100 word answer here?

1. Stevens and Comer, Internetworking With TCP/IP (3 volumes)
    2. Miller, Internetworking - A Guide to Network Communications

Break out your credit card and log into Amazon.com!

And in case you are interested, I was paid $500USD per day + expenses to teach these classes! And the classes were 3-4 hours per night, not a full day.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!