Find the answer to your Linux question:
i m install new kernel in ubuntu 11.04 but after successfully completing process when i reboot system it doesn't load the system...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to boot after installing new kernel

i m install new kernel in ubuntu 11.04 but after successfully completing process when i reboot system it doesn't load the system

More information is needed: Where did you download this kernel from? Is it a kernel you built yourself? Can you still boot into the old kernel? What errors if any appear?

Just Joined!
    I have downloaded ready made kernel from the kernel.org site, and then install it in ubuntu 11.04 successfully but after rebooting system it will not load system with new kernel but i can reboot with old kernel.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Vaijnath, re-check once again what you did. Otherwise follow the way I tried to install Kernel 2.6.39 on Ubuntu 11.04 and created a blog on that.
    Go through this
    hemanthkernelcompilation.blogspot.in
    Let me know if you face any issue, I would try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by vaijnath View Post
    I have downloaded ready made kernel from the kernel.org site, and then install it in ubuntu 11.04 successfully but after rebooting system it will not load system with new kernel but i can reboot with old kernel.
    Please provide a link to this "ready made kernel" from kernel.org.

@vaijnath
    I realize that you can't post an actual link right now, seeing that you are a member with less than 15 posts.
    But, if you have the URL ready, you can post it by removing the http://www portion of it.
    Case in point: linuxforums.org/forum/

Just a tip.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.