Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Irithori
Hi there, Suppose I have been wrote a kernel component which I would like to add to current existing kernel...So... I knew that Linux kernel have been writed in C, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question What are Linux kernel standars?

Hi there,

Suppose I have been wrote a kernel component which I would like to add to current existing kernel...So...

I knew that Linux kernel have been writed in C, but what C? ANSI C or something else? I mean in wich syntax I should write the component to be compatible with existing kernel?

What is the compiler of it? GCC? Is it compilable by any version of GCC? I mean with which compiler I should compile the component?

What does *.h and *.c files the kernel always have? For example I know that I'll be able to use malloc function but I don't know if I'll be able to use pcap functions or I have to add these manually to my component?

In general how I can know the Linux kernel development standars? I would like to learn it at first and at second to write some kernel components to improving it and finally sharing them with community.

Thanks in advance.

This site might provide the information you seek
    Linux Kernel Newbies
    yz89 likes this.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

I just searched for best linux forums but I did not find this site for newbies. Thank you very much!
    I'll follow my question there and I'll back to these forums where I was not newbie

Your Sincerely,
    Yasser.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close