Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am working on dm355-leopard board with linux kernel 2.6.10.I have loaded uboot-1.2.0-dm355-leopard.bin and ubl and was working fine. But when i tried to load uboot-1.2.0-dm355-ipnc-u-1.0.3.bin its showing some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

uboot loading error

Hi,
    I am working on dm355-leopard board with linux kernel 2.6.10.I have loaded uboot-1.2.0-dm355-leopard.bin and ubl and was working fine. But when i tried to load uboot-1.2.0-dm355-ipnc-u-1.0.3.bin its showing some errors and not loading. How can i solve this problem? If anyone knows plz help me.

Thanks

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What kernel version is the new boot using? The 2.6.10 kernel is pretty old, and updating to ones much beyond that in one go is usually a problem, especially with drivers and system libraries. Also, what did the Leopard board people say about your problem? Embedded systems have their own sorts of problems that rarely face those who use desktop/server systems (which is most of us).
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    The same kernel 2.6.10 is using new uboot but board is different(leopard-ipnc)

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by steffi View Post
    The same kernel 2.6.10 is using new uboot but board is different(leopard-ipnc)
    Then this question would be much better addressed to the manufacturer, I think.

Just Joined!
    k thank you

Wish I could be of more help, but specialized gear often requires specialized knowledge/help. I work with embedded Arm boards running Linux for manufacturing and distribution applications, and I always contact the vendor's support engineers when I have this sort of problem. Chances are they already have seen the problem and can provide you a resolution without much fuss.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Wish I could be of more help, but specialized gear often requires specialized knowledge/help. I work with embedded Arm boards running Linux for manufacturing and distribution applications, and I always contact the vendor's support engineers when I have this sort of problem. Chances are they already have seen the problem and can provide you a resolution without much fuss.
    Yup i will try to enquire with those people.