Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello folks. I am working on encryption of binary files of ELF format. For this purpose, I am going to encrypt "linker" binary and it will be decrypted in kernel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linker loading in kernel side

Hello folks. I am working on encryption of binary files of ELF format. For this purpose, I am going to encrypt "linker" binary and it will be decrypted in kernel side before getting loaded into memory. My plan is to decrypt the contents of the linker once it gets loaded into memory.
    I thought of adding the decryption code in "load_elf_interp" function of "kernel\fs\binfmt_elf.c" file. There is one "elf_map" call in that function which returns "map_addr". I thought that "map_addr" is the start address in memory from where linker is loaded. But when I printed the contents starting from location "map_addr", it does not match with the contents present in linker binary.
    Is this the correct place where the linker gets loaded into memory? If not, please guide me in this regard.
    Thanks in advance.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    If you haven't already sorted this out, I would advise contacting the kernel development group. Go to either (or both) The Linux Foundation or The Linux Kernel Archives about this sort of issue.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!