Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, I am new to this site and creating the thread here in this topic. I have written a ISR for Linux Kernel 2.6.24.3 Now I have problem with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help in writing ISR

Dear all,
    I am new to this site and creating the thread here in this topic.
    I have written a ISR for Linux Kernel 2.6.24.3

Now I have problem with compiling the C code after adding it.

Kindly let me know how to place my ISR in the interrupt vector table and compile it.

Thanks
    G Hariprasad

Linux Newbie
    Hago.

ISR? Do you mean Interrupt Service Routine? Popping your ISR onto the Interrupt Vector is DOS, not GNU/Linux.

Is your ISR really a device driver?

Although I have written drivers for both windows (DOS) and other systems, I have no direct experience of writing drivers for GNU/Linux. What seems to be the way is to compile your driver as a module and then have the kernel load it at boot time. The directory /dev seems to be used as the entry-point for userland to access the device via your code.

You can probably get more info tapping into GNU/Linux driver/kernel module lists.

Good luck.

Cheers - VP

Just Joined!
    Hello

By ISR do you mean some kind of device driver? Place some log of the error that you are getting.

The device driver is compiled against kernel and than the kernel object is loaded into the memory. The application than makes access to the device driver residing at the kernel layer through open(), close(), read(), write() and ioctl() system calls. I would recommend you to read "Linux Device Drivers" by Jonathan Corbet.

Cheers.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

@Above,

Hello,
    Thanks for your reply.

This is my situation: I must modify the (IVT)Interrupt vector Table present in the file entry-armv.s so that whenever there is a Software Interrupt(SWI), the CPU must look into the IVT and branch into the code written by me.

I want to know how to achieve this. I already wrote my code and stored it in a .C file.

Kindly help me.

G Hariprasad