Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI ALL I am new to Linux ,I want to expertise Linux .......i am looking for some thing like " Unix Internels " in Linux........can any one help me in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Newbie , Kernel ?

HI ALL

I am new to Linux ,I want to expertise Linux .......i am looking for some thing like " Unix Internels " in Linux........can any one help me in this regards and give me the links which have good information to learn linux internels

Regards
    Kanthi

What are you asking? Linux is a kernel built to act like UNIX operating systems, but does not contain anything from UNIX (even though the SCO group might say otherwise). Are you referring to the kernel source code perhaps?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I am sorry for the worng typing

What i wanted to say is........i have read that to be unix administrator one should expertise Unix Internals.........what is the case with Linux for a Linux administrator..........i want to expertise Linux

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Well, I would say learn one learn all. If you really wont to be a admin then it would be wise to learn both. Do not worry though. If you learn Unix then it will not be hard at all to learn Linux. As different as they my be they are so much the same. Grab some books and learn. I would say learn this or that but I can't because their is so much. A Admin has to know all of it. Learn how to script, program, network. Key topics would be Kernel, Bash and more, Samba, MySQL. Learn the file system and how it works. Learn where and how to mod config files. Set up a dhcp and dns in linux. After that learn how to add and then manage users. Go to school and get a degree. Live here and help as many people as you can. Read more learn more.