Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have some code that I am trying to compile and I get the following error: error: ‘struct signal_struct’ has no member named ‘session’ on the following line current->signal->session current ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

struct signal_struct has no member named ‘session’

I have some code that I am trying to compile and I get the following error:
    error: ‘struct signal_struct’ has no member named ‘session’

on the following line
    current->signal->session

current kernel is v3.2, code was written for an older version v2.6...

So my question is what happened to the session variable, is it moved, deprecated, renamed?

I am also a kernel newbie,so I am not even sure what the session means, some explanation would be helpful as well.

thanks in advance.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This is not helpful. Please show your code, preferably inside code blocks so indentations and special characters are rendered correctly. Also, what are you trying to do? What distribution+version of Linux are you running? What kernel are you trying to build with? How are you trying to build it?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I downloaded a VFS that I would mount. It was built for an older version of linux v2.6.13. In the vfs there is the following code

Code:
    result = (root->u.tc_ival == current->session);
    I am trying to build it on Mint,kernel v3.2

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by salalimo View Post
    I downloaded a VFS that I would mount. It was built for an older version of linux v2.6.13. In the vfs there is the following code

Code:
    result = (root->u.tc_ival == current->session);
    I am trying to build it on Mint,kernel v3.2
    There were major structural changes between 2.6.x and 2.6.36 (if I remember correctly) and later kernels. You will likely need to do some down-and-dirty coding and testing to make this driver work. As for whether the session member of that structure was deprecated/removed/renamed/moved or whatever is something you will need to determine. Asking the kernel maintainer group at The Linux Foundation or The Linux Kernel Archives would be the place to start.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    OK thanks.