Find the answer to your Linux question:
The thing is, I'm actually studing computer science. One of the first topics was computer arquitecture. Now, I know how cache works on a procesor level, yet I wanna know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How does cache work on Linux

The thing is, I'm actually studing computer science. One of the first topics was computer arquitecture. Now, I know how cache works on a procesor level, yet I wanna know how does Linux affect this. How does cache work on Linux to kernel level. I hope I make my self clear, since I'm not a native english speaker.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Linux Newbie
    Hi. I'm not a native english speaker either. I think the handling of processor cache is beyond the kernel scope, it's internally handled by the CPU itself. Speaking about disk cache, handled by the kernel, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by patricioparga View Post
    The thing is, I'm actually studing computer science. One of the first topics was computer arquitecture. Now, I know how cache works on a procesor level, yet I wanna know how does Linux affect this. How does cache work on Linux to kernel level. I hope I make my self clear, since I'm not a native english speaker.

Thanks for your time in advance.
    Do you mean like what data the kernel specifically keeps in memory for quick access, or something else?