Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
questions about the completely fair scheduler(cfs)
1. we have one run queue which holds all the active elements but we also have 140 queue for each priority one..why do i need those?why can't i put all the tasks just in the run queue?
2. what is the difference betweed load and weight?
3. how do i calculate the virtual runtime?
i found about that weight(n)=1,25 * weight(n-1). but what i do next to find out the priority?
4. everywhere they talk about the time slices that every active process gets within a latency period but does it not depends on the virtual runtime?
i would be very thankful if somebody answers even 1 of the quenstions please.
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
When you figure this bleeding-edge cruft out, please let me know! I have an issue right now with CPU starvation of a critical monitoring task that I'd like to solve in some elegant manner...Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!