Find the answer to your Linux question:
Title says it all. I'm running a Linux from CF disk with ext3 fs.After repeated hangs due to hardware watchdog, sometimes filesystem gets corrupted,and fsck lets it unrecoverable (files dissapeared,permissions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Which is best filesystem for a CompactFlash based embedded Linux?

Title says it all.
    I'm running a Linux from CF disk with ext3 fs.After repeated hangs due to hardware watchdog, sometimes filesystem gets corrupted,and fsck lets it unrecoverable (files dissapeared,permissions denied...etc).Rebuild of CF with a dd command from fresh data is then the only way to go, but this is a critical 24x7 system and that requires manual intervention.So IŽd like to know if there is a better suited file system for compact flash working.Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lunix View Post
    Title says it all.
    I'm running a Linux from CF disk with ext3 fs.After repeated hangs due to hardware watchdog, sometimes filesystem gets corrupted,and fsck lets it unrecoverable (files dissapeared,permissions denied...etc).Rebuild of CF with a dd command from fresh data is then the only way to go, but this is a critical 24x7 system and that requires manual intervention.So IŽd like to know if there is a better suited file system for compact flash working.Thank you!
    I don't think ext3 is best suited for flash-based file system. Check out JFFS2 JFFS2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or others Flash file system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org