Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Hi I'm trying to build in support for BT848 video for linux, but the build fails with the following error: Code: drivers/media/video/tveeprom.mod.o: file not recognized: File truncated make[1]: *** [drivers/media/video/tveeprom.ko] ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39

    drivers/media/video/tveeprom.mod.o: file not recognized: File truncate


    Hi

    I'm trying to build in support for BT848 video for linux, but the build fails with the following error:

    Code:
    drivers/media/video/tveeprom.mod.o: file not recognized: File truncated
    make[1]: *** [drivers/media/video/tveeprom.ko] Error 1
    make: *** [modules] Error 2
    error: Bad exit status from /home/james/drivers/Freescale/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.66645 (%build)
    I have searched around to make sure that I havent missed any depancies, my config consists of:

    Device drivers
    multimedia support
    video for linux = m
    DVB for linux=m
    remote controller adaptors = m
    video capture devices=y
    BT848 Video for linux=m
    dvb/atsc support for bt878 based tv cards=y

    What else do I need to enable to succussfully build in BT848 support?

    Kind regards

    Andrew

  2. #2
    Linux Guru Rubberman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Posts
    11,508
    What version of Linux (kernel) are you running? .o modules are for the old 2.4 kernels. Kernel modules for the 2.6 and later systems have a .ko extension. So, is this driver for a 2.4 kernel? If so, and your system is a 2.6 or later kernel, you will need to update the driver source code.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

  3. #3
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    What version of Linux (kernel) are you running? .o modules are for the old 2.4 kernels. Kernel modules for the 2.6 and later systems have a .ko extension. So, is this driver for a 2.4 kernel? If so, and your system is a 2.6 or later kernel, you will need to update the driver source code.
    Hi,

    I'm using kernel 3.0.35 and it's the linaro distribution.

    Thanks

    Andrew

  4. #4
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39
    Hi again,

    Shortly after my last post, I had to reinstall my system due to a hard drive failure.

    After do a reinstall the I was able to build the kernel and the BT848 modules without any problems.

    Andrew

    Quote Originally Posted by AJEllisuk View Post
    Hi,

    I'm using kernel 3.0.35 and it's the linaro distribution.

    Thanks

    Andrew

  5. #5
    Linux Guru Rubberman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Posts
    11,508
    Quote Originally Posted by AJEllisuk View Post
    Hi again,

    Shortly after my last post, I had to reinstall my system due to a hard drive failure.

    After do a reinstall the I was able to build the kernel and the BT848 modules without any problems.

    Andrew
    Good to hear that you were able to build/load the drivers. I assume your board is now working properly? If so, please mark this thread as "closed". Thanks.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

  6. #6
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39
    Yes the board is working correctly now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •