Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello there What I trying to do is this. I am creating an android application that monitors the CPU activities and judges it by collecting several metrics. For this, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CPU frequency files missing in file system

Hello there

What I trying to do is this.

I am creating an android application that monitors the CPU activities and judges it by collecting several metrics.

For this, I access various files from the kernel to get the information. For collecting the frequency details, I need access to the following files, but could not find them in the file system in the device I am testing it on.

1. /sys/devices/system/cpu/busfreq/time_in_state
    2. /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    3. /sys/power/cpufreq_table

I tried accessing the file system on another phone running android, and the files were fine. So, I assume, there are some drivers that I missed while building the kernel.

Some details about the OS:
    Android OS version - 4.2.2
    Kernel version - 3.9.1

Can anyone let me know if I have to change any configurations while building the android kernel to get the three files present in their corresponding locations?

Linux Newbie
    Hello and welcome.

There should be a menuconfig text file generated when compiling (eg: config-x.xx.x or config.gz). Searching 'freq' in that file will show the CONFIG scaling options, and which are/aren't enabled. Not familiar with the arch so can't say which need to be enabled, but searching specific options should get you some answers.