Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody, I want to get info about performance of each function( few bigest functions) from my driver. To achieve this goal I am trying to enable Kernel Function Trace. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    QUS
    Just Joined!

Enabling KFT

Hello everybody,

I want to get info about performance of each function( few bigest functions) from my driver. To achieve this goal I am trying to enable Kernel Function Trace. As I understand linux kernel(3.10 my version) already has it within, and all I need is just enable it(kernel config->Kernel Hacking->Tracing->Kernel Function Trace).

I am doing this, but no file kft appears in the /proc/ folder. Can anybody give any advise? Maybe I am looking for KFT interface in the wrong place?

Thank you.

Trusted Penguin
    hello and welcome, QUS!

it appears that you write configurations to the file /proc/kft and then resultant data appears in /proc/kft_data. at least that is what this document says, i've never tried this before.

QUS
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    hello and welcome, QUS!

it appears that you write configurations to the file /proc/kft and then resultant data appears in /proc/kft_data. at least that is what internet://elinux.org/Using_Kernel_Function_Trace this document says, i've never tried this before.
    I tried to follow instructions in this manual, but it dosn't work. =(