Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm new to Linux, and even newer to linuxforums.org, so i'm sorry if i post my problem in the wrong place... I have Fedora Core 4 test 2, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Make [Makefile] error....

Hi all,

I'm new to Linux, and even newer to linuxforums.org, so i'm sorry if i post my problem in the wrong place...
    I have Fedora Core 4 test 2, and i want to be able to connect to the Internet (i own a Octal A360). I've searched for Linux drivers, and i came upon a package called amedyn. The problem is when i try to compile the Makefile included i get an error similar to:

Error loading to userspace. Use glibc headers instead.

Sorry if the problem isn't too detailed but i'm not using Linux now, and i don't know how to put the printer working
    Anyway, i've searched again in various forums, and one post suggested that i could edit the config.h file in /lib/modules/kernel_ver/build/include/linux, and change the line ifndef __KERNEL__ to ifndef__GLIBC__. Okay, that line simply just wasn't there...
    Can anyone help me???

Well it would seem that you are trying to use a userspace driver.
    That's okay, but it will most likely be less powerful/secure/stable than a kernelspace driver.
    The path /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/include/linux is a directory for starters, so that might be part of the problem.

Just Joined!

Includes

That one is easy to solve. Go to the Makefile under the bridged directory and change the include line to:

INCLUDES = -I/usr/include

That solved the problem for me...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close