Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, whether RH linux kernel 2.4.20-8 supports IPV6 by default or not ?? if not what should i do ? where can i get the sources compatabile to this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

IPV6

hi all,
    whether RH linux kernel 2.4.20-8 supports IPV6 by default or not ?? if not what should i do ? where can i get the sources compatabile to this kernel version ??

if i give /sbin/lsmod --> ipv6 module is not displayed.

your help is appreciated.

thnx in advance,
    Kiran.

Linux Guru
    Red Hat 9 does not support IPv6, at all. It's not just the kernel, but most userspace programs in Red Hat 9 are compiled without IPv6 support as well.

IPv6 is well supported from Fedora Core 2 and forwards (since they use a 2.6 kernel). I recommend that you upgrade from RH9 to FC2, FC3 or FC4 instead if you wish to use IPv6.

Just Joined!

IPV6

Hi,
    as per your suggestion, i am upgrading my machine with FC4. will let you know after that. anyhow, thanks a lot for your suggestion.

regards,
    Kiran.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Red Hat 9 does not support IPv6, at all. It's not just the kernel, but most userspace programs in Red Hat 9 are compiled without IPv6 support as well.

IPv6 is well supported from Fedora Core 2 and forwards (since they use a 2.6 kernel). I recommend that you upgrade from RH9 to FC2, FC3 or FC4 instead if you wish to use IPv6.