Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear Friends., i am a software professional, especially in academic section, recently fedup with windows platform and fixed myself to migrate to linux. When i came to linux i used ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

interested in making - mylinux - urgent help

Dear Friends.,

i am a software professional, especially in academic section, recently fedup with windows platform and fixed myself to migrate to linux. When i came to linux i used different linuxes all has its deficiences, when it comes to hardware and wireless . So i decided to take the linux kernel and planned to make a linux that can and should work on any platform on anytype of hardwares supporting all the upto date latest features. its very very challenging to me, still i want to start. if you guys can help me i would start this project. I know the basics of linux. not the advanced features., also i am a c++ programmer , I need the following help

linux compilation process and making my own mylinux cd
    good books on linux kernel development
    adding advanced features to the mylinux
    well very important, recognizing the hardware very easily.

if any body wants to help me

please mail me at vamshidhark@hotmail.com/kvamshidhar@ncu.edu.jm

any help greatly appriciated.

vamshi

Linux Guru
    It sounds to me that all you really want to do is write more drivers for Linux, isn't that right?

In that case, it seems like overkill to start an entire new distro altogether. Wouldn't it be better to just write the drivers and contribute them to the LKML?