Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I'm building an LFS system at the moment and I have finally arrived at the kernel building stage. I ran across a fairly interesting part though: Wireless LAN. In ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Wireless Adapter support for at76c50x chips

So I'm building an LFS system at the moment and I have finally arrived at the kernel building stage. I ran across a fairly interesting part though: Wireless LAN. In the past (when using actual distros), whenever I wanted to enable my Netgear MA101 USB adapter using an Atmel at76c503 chipset, I just built the modules available from Berlios or Sourceforge. But today, when I opened the Wireless LAN option, I noticed that there's an "Atmel at76c50x" option. My question right now is, is this a good driver compared to the Sourceforge or Berlios drivers? And, is it just an in-kernel implementation of either of the two? The only way I can get online with this particular computer is using the wireless adapter, so I'm building it into the kernel (as opposed to as a module).

If I don't make sense, just let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.

Thanks.

Linux Enthusiast
    OK, I can't edit my previous post (don't ask me why), I have another question though.

It's about /dev/agpgart. I pretty much have no idea what my AGP controller is! Where can I go to find out?