Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I'm running Linux (BusyBox with 2.4.21) on a PC104 board (Prometheus from Diamond Systems Corporation) and I installed apmd 3.0.2-18 on it. The problem is that, while apmsleep ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

apmd - apmsleep does not wake up

Hello all,

I'm running Linux (BusyBox with 2.4.21) on a PC104 board (Prometheus from Diamond Systems Corporation) and I installed apmd 3.0.2-18 on it. The problem is that, while apmsleep is able to put the computer to suspend, it does not wake up after the specified time. I have to press any key to wake it up and the command exits gracefully saying "Time Leap Detected" once I pressed a key.
    The BIOS is a Phoenix BIOS 1.07 and the Modem ring detect and IRQ 3 are enabled.
    I tried to check if the RTC driver is working right and I ran the demo program found on the Linux Kernel Documentation/rtc.txt. it works fine and the program is able to detect the RTC interrupt.
    Also, apmsleep does not time out or anything. Just keeps the computer suspended until a key is pressed.
    when I type cat /proc/drivers/rtc it displays something like this:
    rtc_time : 22:34:37
    rtc_date : 2004-02-12
    rtc_epoch : 1900
    alarm : 22:00:25
    DST_enable : no
    BCD : yes
    24hr : yes
    square_wave : no
    alarm_IRQ : no
    update_IRQ : no
    periodic_IRQ : no
    periodic_freq : 1024
    batt_status : okay
    I suspected the parameter alaram_IRQ and tried the ioctl function to enable it, but it still shows no.

Could anybody help me out?

Thanks very much.

Thalapathy

Linux Guru
    Are you sure that your hardware really supports this?

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Are you sure that your hardware really supports this?
    yes, I checked the processor manual (ZFx86) and it does support power management. The bios also supports power management.
    when I suspend the computer, I notice a significant drop in the power consumption, which means the system does sleep and comes back to normal state on the press of a key.