Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I've got a problem with rebooting my linux on laptop hp nx6310 (centrino core duo). After restarting bios hangs for a while and it runs slower then usual (up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    lfx
    Just Joined!

Linux laptop rebooting

Hello
    I've got a problem with rebooting my linux on laptop hp nx6310 (centrino core duo). After restarting bios hangs for a while and it runs slower then usual (up to 15 seconds until grub loads). After that, my linux works quite fine, however I'm not able to achieve maximym cpu speed with cpufreq and acpi doesn't show actual information about battery left (it shows all the time 2:30 hours left) - simply, acpi hangs in the moment of booting.
    But there is also windows on the same laptop. It reboots smoothly and quickly. There is no bios hanging effect. And after such a reboot from windows, when I boot linux, everything works fine!
    I guess it's the problem of the way how linux' kernel reboots. Or maybe acpi fault? Can somebody tell me what can I do with it?

Just Joined!
    I have the same problem

Just Joined!
    But! When I'm booting FC5 in rescue mode (linux rescue), rebooting appears to be correct :]

lfx
    Just Joined!
    please visit https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=179702 and write your experiences as a comment.

Just Joined!
    I'm trying to find the necessary disk. It's not an fc5, unfortunately. It seems that RIP Linux, old version.