Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, We are designing a handheld television receiver for a future market. We are using Linux-2.6.11 OS in our Design. We are in the final stage. In our hardware we ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with CODEC L3 interface:‘module license unspecified taints kernel'

Hi,
    We are designing a handheld television receiver for a future market. We are using Linux-2.6.11 OS in our Design. We are in the final stage. In our hardware we are using Phillips UDA1341 Audio CODEC. For this CODEC I have written a driver for L3 interface(interface for configuring the codec chip through Pxa255). In this driver simply i am writing the address and the data on the chip and configuring the parameters for the CODEC. The Driver is compiling successfully but when I am loading it it’s showing ‘module license unspecified taints kernel' and its not executing the init function of the driver.While i am specifying the license clearly in the module as MODULE_LICENSE("GPL").
    Do let me know what is the problem. Why it’s not loading the module?
    Please help me out...

Regards
    nitin

Where did you write the MODULE_LICENSE statement?

Regards

Just Joined!
    I have specified the MODULE_LICENSE statement in the source file uda1341.c at the last.

I have no idea... Try to put that macro in the same .c where you have the init and exit functions for the module. If you did it... can you tell me if you are using additional modules that should be previously loaded?

Regards

Just Joined!
    Thanks...
    I got the solution when i specified the Module license information in the dependent source files then i am not getting the problem.
    But now after insertion of module its giving the error 'Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000'.
    What is the meaning of this error and what may be the cause.
    Please help....